Monday, December 9, 2013

Notch(yet)

     So out of desperation, lack of time and the need for sun I headed to Girdwood where webcams showed clear skies up high. I needed to get some vertical under my belt so when the snow flies I can enjoy. After all it is already December. I mindlessly decided to tour up to the CPG hut to assess snow conditions: the cat track is not yet skiable but is skin-able. Up high seems to have enough but I turned it at the hut rather than the peak because I was running out of daylight before I could really ski anything. I think up high would ski well it is just etting there. The view was worth it though, rugged snow-streaked peaks popping out of a cloud-blanketed valley, the Gwood glaciers still visible, the alpenglow and sunset over the arm, ahhhh(like the ahhh after sipping a cold one on a hot day). Refreshing. Near the top I could tell I hadn't been skinning much. We will see what the next few days hold.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment