Thursday, February 13, 2014

Turnagain is still soft.


     So I've been to Turnagain pass yesterday and today.  It is the best snow around right now.  I am surprised at how good it is considering it is almost one week old.  Even the week-old tracks are forgiving and not bothersome to ski over.  Both days were spent on the lower slopes of Sunburst, slopes that still had room for fresh tracks despite their popularity and easy access.  The flat lighting wasn't too bad there but was likely worse up high.  I got one sunny run in during a well-times cloud parting this afternoon.  Last night's snow gave less than 2 inches, but hopefully more will come now that we know it is indeed still capable of snowing.


I cut my pre-sunny run skin short to get it while it was bright.


You know you're in AK when a pass is ~1000ft.


Partly sunny views of Penguin ridge from the arm.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment